Friday, May 8, 2009

Ideas

-REALLY cool t-shirts at cost or free- doing something different with them like having them all hand-done or running over them with the painted mini-van or have it mimic what is on the mini-van

-since teenagers are drawn to food, ALWAYS have food in any situation where they choose to come- like call it a Barbecue Workshop or something, and make the food central to what we're doing. Also, when kids are eating, sometimes it loosens them up and they'll participate more. It can be more of a discussion when it involves food. And food will give them incentive to stick around and listen to us.

told Sarah this last night, but:
-have a blog that we write in EVERY day, with the point being to inspire people with stories with every post. Any of us can write for it, if we have an uninspirational day we can use pictures to tell a story and people like pictures, and we can write multiple things in one day if we all have a really inspirational day and then save those for later. I think that if we can keep the people we affect in contact with us through the blog, they will find where they fit in in terms of helping us, and we don't have to shout out what we want them to do. It'll just be obvious what to do because we'll be telling such cool stories. And then we can be on the lookout for inspiration every day :)

Cool.
Katie

4 comments:

  1. Another one- I think that creating a facebook group would be really good for some teens, and I think it would also expose us to socially active teens that may want to organize a workshop for us in their community- and we would never really be able to reach them without something public like this. I was also thinking about if it would take away from our blog, but I don't really think it would- both of them would have to do their jobs really well, and we could have links between them, but overall I think that we want people to get involved if they want to, so I can definitely see somebody reading our blog and then joining our facebook group for the road trip, or joining the group and then clicking on the link to the blog and getting hooked. I think they could really feed each other, and provide content that wouldn't otherwise be available (you don't generally do daily updates for facebook, and you don't have AS much of a community feel on a blog).

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Fabulous ideas, Katie! I really like the idea of a blog and a facebook group. We could even post blog posts on the wall of the facebook group. I think we might end up with a real following if we do this. It will get a lot of people excited.
    laminator
    p.s. i like the pink background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!
    I like the blog/FB idea, can we use twitter too? And Changeagents could be SO helpful in spreading this. The woman from it emails me a lot but I didn't know what to say to her yet, maybe we can make a page on their all about our Road Trip...
    -RK

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha we could serve the kids all-kee-hall to loosen them up. or we could have like "weed workshops" jk ily

    Peace,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete